A slight comment that left its mark

I can't remember when it was exactly said, but there was a leader that was part of the college ministry that I was a member of that said "I hope you don't sin every day." I am absolutely sure that he does not remember saying it and I am quite sure that I was one of the few in the room, if not the only one in the room, that heard it. My spirit fell and I was grossly discouraged over it because, indeed, I did sin every day. In fact there were some days where it felt like all I did was sin...and sin...and sin. I was sure that there was something wrong with me because of this. He seemed to have it all together and was very sure that sinning every day was a aberration and a sign that one was not regenerate. At least that is what I heard in his comment slight as it was.

I have matured since then and still find that sin that my pride, self-reliance, selfishness, insensitivity, lust...all of it is rearing its head every day. Every hour. Sometimes every minute.

Lord, if you credited my sins to my account how could I stand? Yet I stand. Thanks be to God and His Christ I stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer