The Laundromat

Our dryer gave up the ghost yesterday after over 15 years of dutiful service in three different homes. Of course it was laundry day and we needed to dry a couple of loads of laundry. Off I went through the snow to the laundromat with the loads for a spin in the high-capacity dryer. Now, most people wouldn't consider this much of an event and certainly not fodder for a blog entry but it was unusual enough for me that I am writing about it.

I remember the days (especially in Albany) where a trip to the laundromat was the only way anything would get clean. Being the novice laundry person that I was I just shoved everything into a high-capacity washer, set it for a cold wash, and then let it go. It was cheaper than doing it the "real way" and I had time to sit around. Of course then I had to take up a bunch of dryers, but it was less work.

Coming home I would remark to my mom how much cleaner my clothes looked after doing the laundry in her washer and dryer. She thought it was nifty and it made her feel good that the appliances she had could stack up to commercial-grade ones. Little did she know that the reason for the difference in cleanliness was because her son was an idiot.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer