It's not out there

There is a lot in this particular post that borrows from quite a few others that I have written and this "mashup" may not be as articulately stated as it needs to be, but I'll give it a go anyway. I spend entirely too much time focusing on what is out there and the impact that it might have on my life. For example, it would be great if there wasn't a bunch of junk on TV. Moaning and groaning about the fact that people who do not give a rip about God act like people who do not give a rip about God is so much wasted time and energy. It is time to move on from here.

I need to spend more time focusing on me and the affections that I have. I am attracted to worldly and fleshly things and have a tendency towards sowing to the flesh rather than to the Spirit. I need to look for ways to sow to the Spirit. When I do that my affections will change and when presented with the garbage on TV (broccoli) and preparing for a ministry opportunity (Hostess apple fruit pie) I will choose the preparation time in ever-increasing measure.

If my appetite and affection is in tune with God's appetite and affection the out there will hold no sway over me. The development of this is the focus rather than the hand-wringing over the fact that others don't have it or want it. Do I have to work harder to consume more excellent media? Not really in this day and age. There are plenty of wholesome things to occupy my mind. The VeggieTales are on Saturday mornings for Pete's sake. What I need to do is be on guard for lethargy creeps up on me more than I care to admit.

Here is where I qualify the snot over what I just wrote....


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04