The Hudson River

My wife thinks I am a little daffy when I say that I want to travel every mile of the New York State Thruway. I don't know if it is a satisfaction thing or something that I feel I need to accomplish. There is just something about places that has always been with me. Looking at maps growing up and learning about places lit a fire in me to want to see them. Whether it is something as ordinary as the Hudson River or as "exotic" as the Adriatic Sea I have always been drawn to explore and do. It gave me such great joy to see the Hudson River when I went to school in Albany or turn towards San Francisco on the 101. To have "been there" and "seen that" holds a great attraction for me - it is hard to explain.

So, one of these days, I am going to start at exit 61 and work my way East, then South to exit 1. I will cost me $20.26 (because I have an E-ZPass) but the 495 miles I will have traveled will be quite a memory and, I'm sure, solidify this place fixation I have. That is if I don't turn north to catch a glimpse of the St. Lawrence Seaway.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer