Fire and its effect

More than anything I'd like to see
Better brighter days for you, for you and me

Now that you're on fire, your voice is like the wind
Now that you're on fire, let life begin again
Now that you're on fire, a new day has begun
Now that you're on fire, you are like the sun
- Now That You're on Fire, MXPX

Maybe this is obvious, but I have been pondering it lately. The song "Now That You're on Fire" from MXPX is a reference to the new life that we can have in Christ when we acknowledge our need for him as forgiver and accept his leadership in our lives. More than the individual changes this brings there are brighter days for the people that I am in contact with. There are brighter days for my wife, sons, family, friends, co-workers...all of them feel the effects of the fire that God Himself has kindled in my heart. God wants to set them on fire as well, through me and the work that He has done in my life.

If there are not brighter days for those around me the fire is not as bright and warm as it needs to be. This is too often the case. Personal holiness is a prerequisite for these brighter days. As I am progressively separated for more and more perfected service by Him my relationships change. They have to.

Where are the brighter days? To whom do they belong? Who has seen them since I have been on fire? Are they increasingly brighter or have they plateaued? More to ponder and more to work into my life. Thank God He's in charge of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer