Puzzled by practicality versus poetry

live like there's no tomorrow
love extravagantly
lead a life to be followed
goodbye ordinary
- Goodbye Ordinary, Mercy Me

OK, I am a bit puzzled. I have seen and been the recipient of extravagant love and have seen lives that I need to follow. Hopefully I have incorporated aspects of the love and lives into my life to some degree. But living like there is no tomorrow has me puzzled a bit. I mean, beyond the poetry or some vague feeling that I have spent myself when I lay my head on my pillow at night, what does that look like? Does that mean I should have swept and mopped the floor last night as opposed to saving it to do tonight? There is a folder full of checks that I need to process for the church as well laying on the desk. Should that have been taken care of too? I am reading the entire Bible again this year so should I have finished at least Genesis last night or at least tackled the rest of the Sermon on the Mount? Does the fact that I didn't run this morning mean that I am presuming on tomorrow to catch up on that?

I'll have to admit I have absolutely no idea what this means beyond the sentiment it expresses. I fear that is all it will be for me at the moment.

On a separate note my wife got me the latest MXPX album called Secret Weapon and I had forgotten how much I liked listening to punk music. This is my first album from them and she bought it because she thought it was a heavy metal album. One look at the cover would dispel that but we'll cut her Point-of-Grace-listening-ears a break. At any rate it is not compelling me to go back to my Clash, Sex Pistols, Public Image Ltd., Husker Du listening days - those days are gone. But I do intend to expand my punk collection a bit. Two great tracks on the album are This is the Life, and You're On Fire with Chop Shop being one of the tracks that takes me back to my earlier years.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer