More less than more

Where the sun shines bright and I don't have to lock my door
Where the moon is full and I'm not tired, anymore

Where angels carry me along the way
Where I can close my eyes at night and pray
Where angels sit and watch me while I look up to the sky
Where angels carry me along the way -
Angels, MxPx

So...where to begin on this one...

I forgot to put air in my tire over the weekend (we were busy painting the dining room) so I was delayed getting to work this morning. And it seems like it was a good thing I was. Early in my commute this morning I noticed that the yellow lights were flashing above the sign that indicated that I should tune into 1610 AM for traffic information so, right there, I knew things weren't good. The commute was a bit slow North to South which is not unusual and when I got past the accident that was causing the slowdown it was time to merge onto the West to East route.

I did just that and noticed another accident on the other side of the expressway...and then another not that far from that one on my side. It looked like they were ready to clean that one up so it must have happened a while ago. Then I noticed the flairs trailing off into another expressway that was going North and a line of traffic trying to get onto it from the other side. So that is no less than 4 accidents on my way in.

Pulling into the safe harbor of the office building I was greeted with a "men at work" sign and numerous brightly-colored flags that led to a mammoth truck. It had a large yellow tank on the back with the words "VaccuTron" emblazoned on it. Now I'm no rocket brain but if you have a problem that only the "VaccuTron" can solve I think you are a great debtor to grace indeed.

What have I been saved from this morning when you delayed me, Lord? Was it nothing more than a longish commute or something much worse?


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04