I am really liking TrueCrypt

There have been some recent events at work that have driven me to examine encryption so that sensitive information that I keep on portable hard drives and my laptop is not compromised. With that I thought that I would download, install, and attempt to use TrueCrypt on my Windows (XP) and Linux (Ubuntu 7.10) boxes. It works really well and I even found a nice GUI for the Linux distribution as the command line was frustrating me a fair bit. It looks like the 5.0 version of TrueCrypt is going to be distributed with a GUI so that the second step would be unnecessary. Of course the release date is January 2008 so if the team putting the package together is anything like me it will be out on January 31, 2008 at 11:59:59 pm.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer