Bible reading program

I am only one month into my read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year program and I am already enjoying it much more than the last program. The one I did last year had me reading a passage in the Torah on Sunday, a passage in an Old Testament history book on Monday, a passage in Poetry on Tuesday, Wisdom on Wednesday, a passage in the prophets on Thursday, a passage in the Gospels/Acts on Friday, and a passage in the Epistles on Saturday. This had me reading the entire Bible but there was no way I could establish any type of continuity and follow the story lines - especially in the OT history books.

This year I have a reading program that has me reading a passage in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Psalms every day. Although this is not exactly what I was looking for it is much more to my liking than last year's. I guess I am one that would like to read the Bible straight through. I don't need passages in the NT to keep my interest as I am familiar enough with the OT such that the names and events stir some kind of recollection in me.

At any rate, I am on Exodus chapters 11-12, Matthew chapter 23 and the 23rd Psalm. I would like to think that I have been through the Bible five times already, but I think this may actually be the fifth time.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer