The goal this week

I set a mini goal this week to run 10 miles. Not in one day but cumulatively over the week. Well, this morning, I did it. I started out on my run and noticed that I had some pain in my, um, vlorch. Those who know me know what that is. I almost turned around but noticed that the light was on at the next door neighbors house and I didn't want them to see me tank the run so I pressed on. I know I'm superficial but it seems getting the job done at times. So on I went determined to make this a "fun run" (2.4 miles instead of 3.2).

I am glad I did because the vlorch loosened up some and I was able to get the run in just fine. So, I ran 4 times this week - three 2.4 mile runs and one 3.2 mile one for a total of 10.4 miles. I could have done the 3.2 one today, but I got out a little late and I was screwing around with whether I should continue the run or not. Oh well. The next goal will be four 3.2 mile runs in a week, but I am already running more miles now than I ever have been so that is a good thing.

It has also been pretty cold out in the mornings. I generally get out between 5:50 and 6:00 and it has been in the low 30's. I have found that sweatpants and sweatshirts are all right to run in when it is that cold, but I am thinking that I am going to need some gloves soon if the temperature drops any lower. Or I just need to order the part to fix the treadmill.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer