What has been written part 2 or 3

I was ordering some books online for the youngest boy last night and recalled the book "Goodnight Moon" that I, unlike any other "children's" book, thoroughly enjoy. The last couple of pages where the bunny is says goodnight to "nobody" and finally goodnight to "noises everywhere" strikes chords in me that I cannot explain. The quiet old lady whispering "hush" captures my imagination as well. To see the juxtaposition of the two minds and how they react to the upcoming sleep is truly amazing. What a great book.

I was reading in Acts chapter 13 last night and came across verse 41 which is actually Paul quoting Habakkuk 1:5:

"'Look, you scoffers, wonder and perish, for I am going to do something in your days that you would never believe, even if someone told you.'"

This is in obvious reference to the Gospel and the absolute marvel it is that God would be enfleshed (as it were) and shed blood to pay the price that was required because of our sin. The fact that if they wondered about it that their wondering would only lead to their demise and the fact that even God Himself seems startled by the plan leads me to great thankfulness that He had chosen to reveal it to me. On a more mundane note it also is a most vivid image of the ramifications of what happened when God chose to live the life he lived among us.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer