USB Linux Install Update #1

I had a hard time getting any type of persistence out of my install of Ubuntu 7.04 so I decided to go for a USB install of 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) instead using these directions:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/09/28/usb-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon-install/

It went much smoother than the 7.04 install so that was a nice surprise. Also, there was a separate procedure to make the 7.04 release persistent and the persistence thing is fixed with the 7.10 version.

I have it all up and running and am able to read data from and save data to the USB drive now. I have noticed it runs a little slower than the 7.04 release did, but the added persistence is more than worth the speed difference.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer