Tough to call

My wife and I have been approached by a good friend to substantially increase our involvement in a ministry that she is heading. Getting the ministry off the ground has been quite a challenge for her and, to sustain what is in place now, she has asked us to come alongside and get involved. The trouble is that we are currently involved in two other weekly ministries at this time and would have to let something slide in order to accommodate her request. As it is we already gave up the 2's and 3's Sunday School ministry so that we can get involved with her ministry.

I am heavily leaning towards staying in the ministries we are in now and being involved in hers in a more limited way. I want to honor the commitment I have made to the ministries we are in now even when something "better" comes along. I do have to be careful to exercise my giftedness in the fullest way possible though and that is where I think the conflict lies.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer