How little I am

Most people contemplate how small they are as they stare up into the unfamiliar heaven at the countless stars knowing that there is so much that they can't see. I contemplate the minuteness of my life passing over a bridge during rush hour and seeing a train heading in a tangential direction from me. Then as my gaze shifts eastward again I notice the line of cars heading from the east side of the city to points west. I need to hit my brakes ever so slightly to merge into a lane where I am usually offered the next available space between two cars.

Where are all these people going? What is on their hearts and minds as they head to work, school, or even for a time of rest? How small my life is in the midst of it all and how inconsequential I have become as I signal for my exit. I squirrel another 8 or 9 hours away upstairs in this cube and assume my position again as I head for home. Just one of thousands this day that do the same.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04