Carrying me along

I remember when I began to exercise a while back I made up my mind that this was going to be the rest of my life. It has definitely been a case of "so far so good", but there have been obvious signs of encouragement along the way. Whether it was a comment about the the weight I have lost has staying off or a conversation about running with a friend, certain things seem to kick me in the pants and get me over a hump of a potential funk (or creeping lethargy) at just the right time. The most recent kick came from the next door neighbor who mentioned that he has seen me come back from my morning run quite a few times and congratulated me on my discipline.

As superficial as that sounds things like that motivate me to keep going. There are numerous lessons in this, but one of the main ones is that I need to be an encouragement to others in the endeavors that they pursue. Who knows what "funk" I may be helping them to avoid. Then, maybe, I am the only one who needs this type of thing. Who knows?

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer