Breadth and Depth

Before going to bed last night my wife and I had a conversation about churches and how our perspectives have changed concerning them. One thing that struck me was that I had been more than happy to be a member of a church that was growing in depth and not in breadth. In other words, in the "more and better disciples" abbreviated mission of any church I was more than happy to focus on the "better" part and shove the "more" part to the background. Obviously, anything that is healthy grows, and growth in any church can be in the quality of the disciples of Christ, right. Yes.

Now, under the present leadership of the church I am a member in now, I have come to the point that if we needed to become members of another church, I would look for one that is growing in depth and breadth - or at least has a focus to grow that way. I reject the explanation of "oh well, it is a sign of the times" when a church does not make more disciples through evangelism and conversion. That just does not compute with the statement i the Scriptures that the fields are white unto harvest.

Now, what I need to do is make evangelism a focus of my life. I have been complacent in this area and not looking hard enough for opportunities to share the Gospel. I want to be a part of the program and I need to step it up a bit.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer