I knew I had seen him somewhere before...and then it dawned on me. Jean Pierre is, in both looks and temperament, a mix between Keith Richards (of Rolling Stones fame) and Mr. Betz.
Below are random bits of thoughts that I could not stretch into a longer blog post: If there are, actually, lasers in the jungle would we even know what to do with them? I would think that it would be enough of a challenge to find a use for them in our pre-fallen state, but now that we rebel against God (even the regenerate ones) more often than we should are we even in a position to begin to use knowledge like this for less than nefarious purposes? I think I may have written about this before, but I think that one of the key bits that drives the pure authenticity of my relationship with God through Christ is the fact that it I am called to do things and to believe things that is so far and away not how I want to operate. The best mail notes start with "While I was off of my medication..." I need to explore the idea of not relying, exclusively, on my intellect in determining truth but factoring in my emotions as well. How I feel about an issue may be a semi-reliable determin...
Does it come as such a big surprise? I've got to make you realize that I am not what you think I am. I'm nothing more than just a man. - Just a Man, Undercover Maybe this is just self-flattery. Maybe I am thinking too highly of myself. But I was not designed to fulfill anyone's desires. That is not who God made me to be. Are you looking to me to be the model of faithfulness? Righteousness? Virtue? Then why? I am just a man. Your foundation and consolation is found in a person, but not this person. We knew it all along. Thanks be to God we are in the season of the longing. When we wonder if we will ever stop flitting from person to person for our identity. Our fulfillment. Our satisfaction. Without rival he came. The Christ penetrated this mess of a place and, without apology took me by the collar, looked straight into my soul, and commanded me to fix my gaze, arrest my attention, on him and him alone. He grabbed both sides of my head and without waver he made it clear th...
Listening to a sermon yesterday about the privileges that are afforded to me because of my position as a son of God, and taking in picture after picture of a family that is trying to model their lives after the Savior, I felt something deep in my soul. It was so deep I wept (thank God the lights were down - no one needs to see that!). I realized something maybe for the first time or maybe for the hundredth time: being a member of the Dudley family has it privileges. I am not talking about the one I currently head, but the one I came from. You see, that one, the one I spent over 24 years of my life most intimately tied to, found me in a most excellent state. That place, that home, was built by nothing more than my parents' humble submission to God. It was marked by flaws (like my family is), but those imperfections drove them not further from me, but closer to me through their reliance on God. At a young age they introduced me to the Savior and made sure that I intersected with pe...
Comments
Post a Comment