Back from a break

Well I was away from work for 4 days and let me tell you - they were packed. On Friday we went to the Strong Museum with the boys (one of their favorite places to go) and then I almost got the entire deck completed. We then wen over to my folks house, had pizza and the like, and planned their anniversary party.

Saturday was soccer camp with the oldest and then the oldest and I headed off to my in-laws to cut up some wood for their wood-burning fireplace which is their primary source of heat.

Sunday we gathered with the church in the morning and I gave a short presentation on the Shepherding a Child's Heart Sunday School class I have been a part of and then taught Junior Church during the second service. Then I got the entire deck done with one coat of stain and started the second coat on the outside-facing areas. Then Sunday night was "Church at the Beach" where 9 people were baptized. We also got to hold a good conversation with our boys about baptism and why people get baptized. Our church service made the local paper and we were excited about that.

Monday we went to my grandma's cottage at Seneca Lake and the boys got to swim and hang out with my brother's and sister-in-law's kids for a good portion of the day. We wrapped up everything there at 5:00 pm and headed home after stopping for something to eat.

All in all a great stretch of days and a great time to spend with my family. I love them so much and will "miss" the boys as they both begin school this week and the week after next.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer