Hello...I'm on the phone!

I listen to my iPod at work for some background noise when I don't need to concentrate so much on what I need to do. Because I am in a cube I use headphones. Recently I have been made aware that when I have my headphones on people think that I am on the phone. This is funny to me on a variety of levels, but if they only knew what I was listening to then they would realize how many brain cells I was killing rather than how I was making the company more money.

On a related note I am exploring the possibility of changing positions in the company I work for. This is hard for me because I have a pretty good gig in my current position and my boss just stopped by and told me to take tomorrow off. He has always said to me that he has a life outside of work and he expects me to have one too. That's good stuff. The new position is more in my technical sweet spot and is a raise in pay. Maybe even a significant one. I have worked with the people that are in the new position I am considering and I already have a reputation there. We'll see what happens.

Now I need to find something fun to do with the boys tomorrow as I will have a good bit of time with them. That is a good problem to have isn't it?

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer