The release of confession

I got caught in a hurricane
No one but myself to blame
I got lost in the rain
Then I got stuck in a spider web
Tangled up in all my cares
Such a lonely affair - Lose This Life, Tait

I admit the deed (Can you hear the beating?) - The Tell-Tare Heart, Tourniquet

As a Christian I am called to confess (agree, admit) and, in so doing, find release. Going, making my peace with God is a daily walk for me. Not that I lose my sonship, but I am a rebellious child as God slowly melts my heart and molds it to match that of His Son's. There is such release when, finally, I can come to God as I am when my entire being moves in concert toward Him and I admit that I am undone, weak, and in need of His grace once again.

And then there are implications for my relationships and fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I had a friend in college that I never heard confess a single sin. Of course he ascribed to the orthodox position that he was a sinner in need of saving, but as I hung out with him I wondered if there was something that was wrong with me because of the depth of the depravity I experienced. Humbly, carefully, I must approach the other members of Christ's body and admit my deeds of the flesh.

God would have it no other way.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer