I'm very impressed with her

A while back I wrote about "playing the ball" which, when applied to life, means that I need to engage the circumstances in my life rather than passively watch them happen. I also, to my wife's chagrin, apply this to my euchre strategy in that I would rather make trump than have trump made for me.

I was very impressed with my wife this weekend as she played the ball, so to speak, better than I have seen in a long time. There were two circumstances yesterday where, without flinching, she moved in to fill a need in a way that showed extraordinary selflessness. It not only reinforced the great thing that it was that she said yes to my marriage proposal but showed both the saved and unsaved the extent that she is controlled by the Spirit of God Himself.

She will not have trump made for her nor will she stand flat-footed as the ball careens off of the heel of her glove. She has moved and will continue to move, deliberately and sacrificially, to demonstrate her care for those around her. My boys would do well to find women to marry that are a tenth of who she is. They will also do well to rise up and call her blessed for she continues to yield her life, in ever-increasing measure, to the control of the Holy Spirit.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04