He doesn't really care what we think

"Well, what does the Bible say?"

I found myself asking this on more than one occasion as I talked to the individuals I counseled on Saturday and Sunday. They didn't know. They knew what people said it may have said (some were right and some were wrong), but there was no knowledge of the Scriptures independent of what people said it meant. There is now no question in my mind what solving problems (or attempting to solve them) in our own strength means. And the fruit that such a pursuit bears - I've seen it with my own eyes and it is awful.

I asked them to weigh my counsel against the commandments and principles found in the Word and make sure that the advice I was giving them was in line with it. I also asked them to correct me if my counsel was found lacking because I would counsel others in a similar situation the same way. They haven't come back to me so I assume that it was Scriptural.

Or maybe I shouldn't assume that. At any rate, I can't rely on them to interpret the Scriptures accurately. God doesn't give a second thought to how we think the world is put together or how we should act in a certain situation and I am glad He doesn't. He will not be moved from the rock that He has established and I am glad He won't.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer