Craving continuity

In my exercising this morning (what there was of it) and in the car on my way to work I listened to my iPod Nano on shuffle. They were all upbeat songs (can you imagine exercising to a movement that is Adagio? I can't) and I skipped around a bit looking for the right song to listen to as I drove in, especially. I read a blog post a while back that talked about craving the continuity of an album and I know what the person means. It also has implications for the world view that I hold and the struggle between my position in Christ and my practice here in this life.

There is a struggle in me (and in everyone) that is firmly felt in this war between this images of God and of Adam. Thank God the struggle is there for this was the handle God grabbed to drag me to Himself. This is also where I meet people that I witness to and the reassurance that I have that the message I proclaim is relevant and vital. The active, ongoing, suppression of the truth is the tiring lot the unbeliever has and surrender of this endeavor is the sweetest rest I have ever known.

An internally consistent world view is a start. The end is the world view that reflects the heart of God Himself for nothing short of that can be lived out in its fullness; the way we were intended to live. As the disjointedness that brings me from Undercover to the Kronos Quartet, and back to Avalon is but a drop of the depth of the dissonance that stubbornly dogs me these days. Yet it is a reminder of a day when there will be continuity and the Kingdom will be infinitely more glorious than even the finest of who I can be now.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer