Treadmill update/mystery solved

OK, the i2Workout/Audacity/cheapo mp3 player combination for structuring my workouts is going just fine. I have it all hooked up and my treadmill routine has gotten a lot (I mean a lot) more interesting and I am enjoying it more. I really think I need to increase the intensity of my intervals. Right now I am at 5 mph for one minute, 5.5 mph for one minute, then 6.0 mph for two minutes, then back down the same way, then back up the same way for 4 intervals. I think I need to bump everything up .5 mph. Hopefully this is a sign that I am getting better conditioned rather than that the new treadmill is inaccurate in how fast I am jogging.

I would like to do the Corporate Challenge next year (5 Km) and I think I will make it a goal to get to the point of doing it in under 40 minutes. I would like to get to the point where I am doing it in 35 minutes (which would be about 6 mph) but maybe I can surprise myself if I aim just...a...bit...lower.

On a different note I found the hygrometer that I had been missing for a while. It seems the oldest dumped a bin of toys out and left the bin tipped over. Before I exercised this morning the Mystery of the Disappearing Hygrometer was solved. The bin is upright and the hygrometer is now back on the shelf to aid me in setting the dehumidifier that we are running to the proper level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer