If this doesn't work

People who have worked with me before know that I often say "If this doesn't work I will eat my left arm." Why the left arm? Well, I have grown quite attached to my right arm and, for some reason, I think that the left arm would be a tad tastier. Well, this is one of those times I guess.

We went out and dug up the azaleas and planted the summersweet over the weekend. We had a choice between three different varieties and went with the Hummingbird as it looked to be a nice height (less than 4 ft) and a decent spread. We both dislike tall bushes in front of the house and do what we can to keep things underneath the height of the front railing. We weren't entirely sold on the white flowers as we would prefer something more pinkish, but our choices are a bit limited as to what we can put in the garden that would match our taste.

All and all they are nice looking bushes. Their branch structure remind me a lot of our forsythia but we need to help them maintain their shape a lot better than the previous owners did with the forsythia. The last remaining azalea was relocated to a side garden where, maybe, we'll see it grow a little more.

It looks like our planting days are over for this season for the most part. Now into maintenance mode where the weeding and hosta division (which seems to be constant) takes precedence.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04