Honeoye Lake

We had a great opportunity to visit our neighbor's cottage on Honeoye Lake over the weekend and had a great time. We could have easily spent more time there then we did and the boys were just jazzed to be by the water. We went for a boat ride and the boys had fun "swimming" (more like wading) in the pretty warm water. The lake is rather shallow so the water heats up pretty quickly.

As the boys were wading the oldest began a conversation with "Daddy, Jesus walked on the water didn't he?"
"Yes," I said excited that I could tell the story. "The Apostles in the boat thought he was a ghost!"
The boys laughed. And I went on.
"But Jesus said, 'I'm not a ghost'. And then Peter said, 'OK, if you are really Jesus then tell me to come out to you.' Then Jesus said, 'Come on over!' Then do you know what happened?"
"What?" the boys seemed to ask in unison.
"Peter walked on the water toward Jesus. But then the wind started to blow and he was afraid so Peter started to sink!"
The boys didn't quite know what to make of that so I continued.
"Then Peter said, 'Lord, save me!' and Jesus reached out and stopped him from sinking. Then Jesus said, 'Peter, why didn't you believe that I would take care of you?'"
The boys, still wading, were listening and recalled the story to their mother as she made her way down to the lake with our neighbors.

Slowly but surely the Word is penetrating their little hearts. Lord, I pray that it also captures their imaginations and shapes their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04