Good for something

I won a Xerox M750 inkjet color printer at a company-sponsored picnic one year and I really like it. I think I have had it for about 5 years and it is a nice printer that does fine with color and black and white text. Of course, they have been discontinued and the print cartridges are getting harder and harder to find. Staples carries the black cartridge, but the color ones they have discontinued. My wife went there to get some and scored the black one. They said they could order the color ones, but it would cast a little over $70. She's much too frugal to do anything like that. I am glad she didn't.

I found a source for generic cartridges and thought I would give it a try. I spent a whopping $10 (including shipping) for all four cartridges and, after a little cleaning of the color print head last night, all is working well. I guess I hadn't used the color cartridges in such a long time that the ink dried up in the print head. Some alcohol, water through the nozzles, and a little banging on a napkin dislodged what was remaining. I'm sold on these cartridges and hope (beyond hope maybe) that they are available for a while. Maybe I should stock up.

On a more "I feel a bit useless" note we planted six azaleas in our front garden. Three look good and three probably will not make it. Oh well - we will see I guess. There is one in our front garden that is just gorgeous (not one we planted) and one that constantly looks like it got run over by a truck (again, there when we moved in). Nope, my thumb is not as green as I would like it to be. Maybe I should start writing about our hydrangea so they'll die too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer