AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!

From the I-literally-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing department: I had a friend who would not reset his password to his main computer before he left work for the weekend. That makes sense to me and I have practiced that. Well, apparently I cannot even reset my password before I leave my desk for a meeting. I did this yesterday and I found myself locked out of my computer. I didn't think it was going to be a huge problem so I looked on the world wide web for some cracks to get back in. Well, I found one that required making a boot disk from a CD. I didn't have any blank CDs so I had to import one from home. Well, a couple of hard shutdowns, boots into safe mode, and restarts later and I am in thanks to these instructions.

Now about those Azaleas that are biting the dust in the front garden, well, that is another issue. I need to really get an extra set of eyes on those to diagnose how I seem to kill them every time I put them in the ground.

On a different note it seems as though we a happy, moderately healthy lawn in the front yard for the first time since we moved in. We had a clump of trees taken down in one corner of our lot (which were way too close to the house) and had every other tree in our front yard trimmed. I also have put on 4 different lime applications to raise the pH in the soil and I think we have cracked this nut. We are even experiencing a moderate drought up here and it is still looking all right. After another soil test I think I will need to spread some more lime later in the Summer so that the pH will increase a little more. The nitrogen in the soil is really good as I mulch and fertilize regularly. Good thing lime is cheap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer