2's and 3's Sunday School

Five years ago if you told me I would be knee-deep in paper bags and multicolored streamers in a Sunday School class for 2 and 3 year old I would have said that you were crazy. My wife volunteered to do the teaching at our church's Sunday School class for "2's and 3's" (as we like to call it) and said that I did not have to serve with her. Well, I did, and did, and did...and have seen what ifts these little guys and girls are. Each one of them is so different and they are actually starting to respond to us (me especially) in unique ways. It is nice to be consistently in there as I am sure that consistentcy pays off in building relationships with these little ones.

Last Sunday my wife came across a really cool craft to do with the boys and girls that they really got into in a big way. The day didn't start out so well as there were no less than 20 kids in the class (thank God we continue to have the help we do in 2 people who have been there as consistently as we have been) and at least 5 of them cried when being dropped off. We were able to calm four of them rather quickly and the 5th dettled down eventually. It was crazy.

Craxy, chaotic - mind-numbing at times - but all of it for Him. These little guys and gals are so cute and loving and I miss them when they aren't around for a couple of weeks. I pray they see our genuine love for each one of them as individuals and that our face lights up when they are dropped off into our care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer