What a difference a day makes

This is the sound of your rooftop coming down
it's time to meet the maker
this is the sound of the floorboards caving in
this is the knock of the undertaker
- Murder in the Big House, Chagall Guevara

I thought I was going to die yesterday on the treadmill. You would think with all the walking I had done at Disney and even the return to exercise that I had made on Monday that I would be all right. Nope. I was sure I was going to meet my Maker. This morning was a different story thank God and I feel pretty good for not having my morning coffee yet.

I was walking down the main hall at our church's building last night before Champions club and one of the pastors remarked at how much weight I had lost to my older brother of all people. That was my motivation for getting on the treadmill this morning. I do not want to go back to the way I was. Not ever again.

I do not want to be one of those people that lost a bunch of weight and then gained it all back. If anything I want to be more fit because of the way it makes me look and feel. It was fun playing with the 3rd through 6th graders last night in the Champions club. I am not sure I would have been able to do that last year at this time, but there I was.

It is funny what God brings into my life to motivate me do good things. He is right on all the time with what I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer