Setting my feet upon the road

God has already set my feet on the road. What He is doing now is allowing me to learn what His splendid provision is and how I am to rest in it. There is no question that, positionally, I have all of the peace and provision I need. That is assured. Resting in that is another matter entirely. That is where I feel God continually setting my feet upon the road. He does while I kick and scream sometimes, but He does it. And he does it well.

We have had a couple of days of cloudy wet weather lately. It seems like God has sent it at just the right time. I was attempting to dig and weed in the dry packed soil last weekend and it was not at all what I considered fun. The weeds rejoiced in that I left more of their roots behind than I should have. Through the rain I saw God provide what the azaleas needed to send forth their buds into flowers. Well, two out of the three of them anyway. I am sure the third will blossom in due time.

I have trusted Him with my sanctification and glorification; how dare I become anxious about His provision of much lesser things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04