Life's what I make it

Baby, life's what you make it
Celebrate it
Anticipate it
Yesterday's faded
Nothing can change it
Baby, life's what you make it - Life's What You Make It, Talk Talk

It's all there. All of it. The crispness of the air as I stepped out of the door this morning, the smell of the fresh cut grass, the hazy view of the downtown skyline, the man painting the newly installed suspension bridge...it was all there this morning.

The half-dead bushes and the stick that snapped under my foot when I stepped on it, my son's wet hair combed into his perfect part (that won't last through lunch today), the crow I thought I heard when I was about to exit my car this morning...it was all there today.

The glance I gave the back deck to see if it had rained overnight, the dry packed soil that is in need of grass seed, the pachysandra that is growing so high that it is overtaking the tree stumps in our front yard, the fact that I spelled pachysandra right the first time, the click of the keys and the painting of letters on the screen through the humming of the hard drive that is my backup machine...it is all here this morning.

What a world. What a wonderful world. What a life. Yes, all this and heaven too. God - You know full well what You do to my heart and how you affect me. You also know full well that I am not who You want me to be. Yet, your blessings are innumerable and, by your grace, I will continue to believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04