Forgotten by all but One

I get weary, Lord I don't understand
How a seed get strangled in the heart of a man
While the music covers like an evening mist
Like a watch still ticking on a dead man's wrist
Tick away - Jim Morrison's Grave, Steve Taylor

So we go inside and we gravely read the stones
All those people all those lives
Where are they now?
With the loves and hates
And passions just like mine
They were born
And then they lived and then they died
Seems so unfair
And I want to cry - Cemetery Gates, The Smiths

The cemetery is full of people that are, by and large, forgotten. When I die I will be forgotten in a generation (or two if I am blessed) by the people that inhabit this land where I sojourn. No one will know, will care to find out, or will have the strength or stamina to uncover what I had done while on this earth.

That is all but One. Meticulously He records the good and evil that I continue in to this day. And, when this mortal is clothed with immortality, I will rise to meet Him. My journey will be but a faded memory and I will rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04