De-mystification

So much of who God is and what He does is complete mystery. I cannot understand. No I know that I will know as I am known in the future, but I have no grand delusion that I will have the ability to scratch even the surface of the knowledge of God. I am fully expecting there to be some "disappointment" (if there is such a thing in heaven) at what I am able to comprehend. Those who think that there is going to be a time when it will all make sense to them are delusional.

That having been said, I think there have been some times in my life where things have fallen into place, and so much so that I remember those times vividly. When the purpose of the Lord's Supper or Communion was finally communicated to me in a way that I could understand...that was a fantastic Sunday. Also when I realized that God communicates to us primarily through the Scriptures and not through vague feelings or fortuitous circumstances...that unlocked a door for me in a real and personal way.

There is a great deal of mystery that my Dad is not and will not be divulging. Not because He's mean or anything like that. It is just that I, as an immortal being, just do not have the capacity to comprehend it. I have a feeling He would if He could.

He knows me inside and out but cannot relate to me they way He can to the Son and Spirit. Now that is a relationship that I cannot comprehend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer