Azalea starting to bloom

We have three azaleas in our front garden and are expecting to add a few more this Spring. We planted one last year and I tried to take very good care of it through the Summer and Fall last year. It has gorgeous pink and white flowers and I was interested in what would happen to it come this Spring. During our brief vacation it got a little dry and I know the plants did not received much water. That is bad for azaleas and especially the ones on the left hand side of our garden as they have a tendency to get a little too much sun for my taste.

Well, my wife pointed out this morning that the azalea we planted last year is full of buds. I am looking forward to the flowers in a big way. The largest of the three is just about ready to open its deep red flowers and the smallest one has a few buds as well. That brings me a great deal of satisfaction and more than a little confidence that our planned plantings for this year will succeed.

It also, I think, puts me in touch with the satisfaction that God has when He sees the fruit of His effort in my life. He takes such good care of me and I think that His heart is pleased when He sees me at my best (or His best). At least I hope He is. He certainly has poured His life into me and I pray that I become a better and better steward of that which He has entrusted to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer