Warning this is a temperament weakness...Warning this is...

I have a temperament that is prone to a lot of things. One of them is pretentiousness. I am listening to an album called Pieces of Africa that is performed by the Kronos Quartet. The piece I am listening to right now is definitely one of my favorites on the album (White Man Sleeps) and I love the second movement.

Deep down, there is a feeling of superiority that I have over people that, for example, listen to more popular music. I know it bleeds through at times, this pretentiousness, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). That really stinks because I want to blame it in other things rather than my own heart, sin, pride, lack of desire for the Spirit to control this flesh, etc.

Christ is so careful to get to the root of all the rot in the world. It is us. More than likely it is me. There is no one else in my life that is responsible for the state of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer