Walking with the wise

Just now I recognized, yet again, how important it is to not only be wise, but to walk with people who are wise

Now I know that the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord, so I need to make sure my counselors are people who fear Him. We have been tracking down some issues recently where we are getting some advice from people who are all over the map in the "fear of the Lord" department. But, we have placed our trust in some particular people that are, in light of the Scriptures, wise. Without delving into details our discerned opinion on the matter has been corroborated. We will still monitor the situation and make sure that it does not degrade, but we think we have found the road we will travel for the time being.

When I was saved, God surrounded me with people that not only helped me grow, but gave me the environment and tools to interpret the Scriptures. I sat under teachers that were Baptist to the core and that has lead me and my family to the point we are at right now. I will impress on my boys how important it is to not only be wise (live life skilfully) but surround themselves with wise people. That way, the sway their friends and counselors will have over them will be a good one and the only struggle that they will introduce will be the one that should be there: between my boy's holiness and their sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04