Recent events

Recently a radio "shock jock" was accused of making racially charged comments about the Rutgers Women's Basketball team. I had heard of this person, but can't say that I had heard or watched his show. I think I flipped by it a couple of times in my hotel room but never stayed long enough on it to absorb what he was saying. Reading the transcript of the comments I agree that they were inappropriate and the punishment he is receiving is warranted. Whether he needs to be punished more or not I do not know.

What is interesting is that there is a backlash now against his accusers. They are being accused of hypocrisy from people who are saying that they are calling out this behavior and are not adequately outraged about similar behavior exhibited by others. These charges of hypocrisy may be real or not - what is unreal is that there is a man who is a racist, used his radio show as a platform for that racism, and his accusers are being attacked. It is as if being accused of wrongdoing by a hypocrite (if that is the case here) excuses bad behavior. It does not.

I am accused of wrongdoing day and night by Satan himself in front of God (if he actually pays attention to me). You know what? He doesn't need to make anything up. My actions are damnable in the highest. All of his accusations stick. Every single one of them - no slander he could dream up could be worse than reality. Is he a hypocrite? Yes. Does that excuse my actions? No. Lessen my offense? No. Make me less of a sinner? No.

God's grace is all I have. My Adversary knows my weakness. He also knows my Strength. And shakes in His presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer