One less thing to think about

If I lose myself, die to myself as the Bible puts it where I put other's needs over mine, there is always one less thing to think about. When I consider something (or someone) if I have died to myself the way I am called to by Christ himself then I do not need to think of me. My desires, wants, needs are subjugated to the truth that I need not be concerned with me. Losing myself is the most freeing thing I can think of as long as it means then attaching who I am to my Creator.

How might my marriage be different if I could lose myself all the time? How might my relationship with my sons be different? What about my relationships within Christ's body and with God Himself?

I have One that has promised to give me everything I need and has secured my place in eternity through His grace. When I place my needs over those of others I have ascended to the throne again and have, once again, revealed that I am an idolater of the highest order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer