Looking past today

Rather than allow for the future to shape my today I have a tendency to look past today and long for that which is in the future. The past and the future impact my today, but they can't replace it. I cannot live "there" and not "here".

I remember when we took our oldest son to my brother's wedding down in Virginia. He was two at the time and we needed him to get some sleep. So. naturally, we went for a bit of a drive before arriving at the wedding site so he could do that. He didn't sleep. I think that he was so afraid that he would miss something that sleeping was the last thing on his mind.

I do not want to get caught napping in the then while I am in the here and the now. I am afraid that I will miss something too. And what of the time when there is nothing compelling in the then to focus on? Where will my attention turn?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer