I am different

Early in my married life I had no problems with being non-productive. I could sit and watch NCAA college basketball while downing a whole bag of Doritos (literally) and not have any qualms whatsoever. Now, it is a bit of a different story. I am becoming more like my dad who loves to get up and get moving doing this or that.

Last night at about 8:00 p.m. after the boys were in bed I began to fold the clothes. My wife does not let me near the washer and dryer but she does tolerate my folding. I folded clothes for about 45 minutes (I'm slow, but steady) and got them into the two laundry baskets. I sat down for a total of five minutes and realized that I was idle. "Wait," I said to myself, "I have got stuff to do."

I went and grabbed the laptop and started to burn some audio CDs for the 2 and 3 year old children we have for a Sunday school class. Have I mentioned that they are pretty great? We love the class - of course they can be a challenge sometimes (all 17 of them) but they are super cool to hang out with and teach. Well, I got 12 of the 20 CDs burnt so that was good. I would like to finish them up tonight and get the labels printed, cut, and affixed on the front so that the parents know which songs are coming up.

Yup, I am different and it feels pretty good. There is still some stuff kicking around that needs to get done, but I am working on that too. Really, I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer