From Edgy to Feisty

Well, it took me a little over two hours (which was mostly spent by me looking at the screen), but I was able to upgrade from Ubuntu 6.1 to 7.04 (Edgy Eft to Feisty Fawn) using the apt-get version of the upgrade instructions. I tried to upgrade yesterday, but I had zero success getting the files from the server as, I'm sure, the traffic was astronomical in its proportions.

This is all the more real to me as I bought a used computer with Windows XP installed on it and it looks like I am going to have to do a re-install because there is so much junk on it. I tried to install my son's Thomas the Tank Engine game and it would even let me do that. Very interesting. I would be running Ubuntu at home but we are still on dial up and there is next to nothing for internal modem support in Linux.

Oh well, now to plumb the depths of Feisty and see if anything's broken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04