Just below the surface

What lies just below the surface? What races through my mind when I lie in bed alone with my thoughts. My thoughts are not broadcast to the world like my face, clothes, and words are - so what's there? I certainly am and in the calmness I hear insecurity and fear. But I also hear my words coming back to me : "Don't doubt in the dark what you knew to be true in the light."

And that's faith? Yes, that's faith. Knowing that he will be well taken care of when he spreads his wings and tries, but fails. Knowing that he will be built up by the One who is continually crafting me. More than poetry this is my life. Lord, please teach me what that means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04