Mounting the Ipod in Ubuntu

OK, I am not sure exactly what happened, but I plugged in a USB mass storage device last night into my laptop that is running Linux and got an icon on the desktop that I could access to get the contents of the drive. I thought that was interesting because that is what I expected when I plugged the Ipod in. I could always get to the Ipod drive contents through gktpod or the terminal, but never through a nifty icon on the desktop.

Well, this morning, I plugged the Ipod into the USB port and there is the icon. That's interesting. gtkpod still fires up (but I get a strange error message about extended information) but I am now able to get to the Ipod drive contents through the icon. Cool. And it happened completely by accident.

Now if I could get the modem to work I would be much more complete in what I am able to do with this bad boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer