Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel.
Kyrie Eleison through the darkness of the night. - Mr. Mister, Kyrie

More than a rock anthem for the 80's this song means more and more to me with each passing day. Growing up Catholic we sang the "Kyrie" at mass and it did mean something to me. I mean I knew that I sinned and that I needed forgiveness. But that mercy seemed to me to be something that I asked for at a specific time and even in a specific way. God's mercy was real, but only for a moment. Then it was thrust into the background to be resurrected next Sunday or when I was unable to get to sleep at night.

Now, more and more, it is on my mind and, hopefully, in my heart. I rest in His mercy. It is something I feel when I agree with Him that I am a sinner and my sin in bared before Him. It is something I feel prick my heart when I hear of others and their sinful ways. It allows me to, at the end of the day, close my eyes and weep softly over the love that He has shown to me and my family. It wakes me in the morning and the cup of His mercy that He drenches me in is full again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer