What about me?

One of the most freeing things about the New Life is that the consideration of myself is thrust into the background and illustrated as "dying" to myself. What about me is replaced by what about you and my "self" is swallowed up in others. True service is found in spending myself on others to such and extent that I am losing myself in others.

One of the interesting things about Christ is that He saved individuals and prized the individual as He taught, healed, and met needs. He also lost His will in His Father's. He focused on the individual to give me what I need so that I can focus on the individual. Not turning His gift into selfishness but selflessness. Sacrifice begets sacrifice and love begets love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer