Not sanguine enough, perhaps

I am not as pure a "sanguine" personality type as people make me out to be.

Yesterday, after a busy weekend, I was driving into work feeling a bit useless, wondering what had happened over the weekend and why. There wasn't anything in particular that I was ruminating on, there was just a feeling of dread and my self-concept was not as clearly in view as it normally is. I don't even remember what song was on the CD player as I drove in, but I do remember that it focused my mind on things above and the cloudiness of the moment lifted. It was strange but it was so real; so palpable. Is this the peace of God? Is this something of why He died? To set us free from these darknesses? This darkness?

On a related note, today I am of the opinion that what God did in my life when He saved me cannot be overemphasized or over-magnified. My mind is so different from what it was. My thoughts are higher (most of the time) and focussed on Him. I can't explain it, but I know that He has radically changed me. As stubborn and selfish as I am, that is no small feat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer