Slowly but surely

Slowly but surely I am getting things up and going on the Ubuntu laptop. This morning I just got the DVD player working (got the Sheerluck Holmes DVD in there now) and now I need to tackle local and network printing. All in all if I can get that stuff working (and some of the games my son likes to play working in Wine) I'll be a Linux-only guy as far as my travel system goes. There is really nothing else I will need to make this transition and the Ubuntu distribution is fun to work with. There is a giant amount of information on the web about it and I am thankful for that. Maybe someday I can return the favor for another Linux noob like myself. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04