The story of my life lately

I had a very vivid dream last night that seems to be summing up my life lately.

I was in a Sunday School class at the church I gather with and I was asked to give a rundown of my favorite verse. I read a passage from Jeremiah (which I am in right now in my Bible reading program) and gave quite a stirring explanation as to how God worked in my life through the verse. The whole class was excited about what I had said. The Pastor then tapped me on the shoulder and said he wanted to meet with me after the service to discuss something. I assumed the topic of the meeting was the Peacemaker material that I handed in a bit earlier in the month. It was turning out to be a good day.

Then I looked at the clock and noticed that I totally forgot something. I was supposed to be in the Sunday School class helping my wife with the 2 and 3 year olds. I quickly gathered my things and ran down the stairs only to find that they had already dismissed the class. I totally missed it and let her down. The feelings of euphoria were replaced by dread.

Sometimes two steps forward and three steps back. Sometimes three steps forward and two steps back. Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04