Pure Physicality

IANAP (I am not a philosopher).

It has always struck me as so strange when people insist on a purely physical origin of the universe. I am not overstating things when I say that I do not meditate on that premise often because it causes me great terror. Not fear, not discomfort, but terror. To think that the very meditation that I embark upon is nothing but the movement neurotransmitters through the neurons in my head. That is all it is. From its core to its height the pure physicality of our origins would lead us (not even lead us for that assumes personality and design) to nothing but that. Be amazed at that? What is amazement?

The foundations of personality are shaken to their depths at the thought of such a beginning. No one can live with any amount of consistency with such a premise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04